The Warner name is a landmark in York County, PA
Warners Moving & Storage has a long history in York County, PA! Our company got its start four generations ago when Great-Great-Grandfather John Warner began to do "flittins" (that's Pennsylvania Dutch for moving) in a horse and wagon... that was in the late 1800s!
In 1903 John's son, Wallace Warner, began serving the public as a milk distributor, going home to home in his horse and wagon and dispensing milk with a big dipper to his customers' pitchers. Later sons Earl, Jesse and Donald joined him and they grew the dairy business until they were serving homes in a 75 mile radius.
1943 was the year Warners began moving furniture... although this time it was brand new furniture from factories to stores throughout the eastern states. It was not long until they reasoned if they could move very expensive new furniture in blanket wrap, they would be able to apply the same level of expertise to moving families.
Donald M. Warner, purchased Warners Motor Express from his brothers and built a new warehouse facility, in Red Lion, Pa., and set the course for continued growth through exceptional service.
Donald M. Warner's son, Donald H., joined in the business to become the fourth generation Warner,; and now his son, Steve, has become the fifth generation! The key to success has been the same one used by John Warner back in the 1800's... when someone becomes a customer of Warners, they want them to be...